Friday, May 24, 2013

2013 Summer Bucket List Challenge

The Happy Family Movement is hosting a challenge this summer and we are jumping on board.  I found out about the challenge while I was researching activities for our own bucket list.  Even though we are moving in June, I wanted to keep some kind of normalcy (if only for my own sanity).  I'm still working on the actual list but I worked on how I was going to display the list.
Pictures the kids colored

I used my Cricut to cut out these colorful buckets and white shovels.  I'm going to write each activity on a shovel then glue it to the bucket.  I'm going to clip each bucket to our art wall clothesline.  I'll add other items to the line throughout the summer (ticket stubs, flyers, maps, other memorabilia) like I did last year.  It will basically create a 3D scrapbook of the summer.  I'll leave it up until we actually move, then put it up right away at the new house.

In conjunction with this challenge, I'm also reading the ebook 100 Days of Summertime 2013.  Even though Logan George doesn't get out of school until June, I'm going to officially kick-off our summer fun this Sunday, May 26 and go until Labor Day.  I don't expect to do everything on our list and I have also been known to add to the list throughout the journey. (I also add completed items to my to-do list just so I can check them off.)  I may be setting myself up since I'll be spending the first part of summer packing and and then unpacking but I would rather be over-scheduled than have bored kids.  Let's all have a great summer!

No comments: