Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy 65th Birthday Paw Briggs

We celebrated Paw Paw Briggs birthday over Thanksgiving. My sister Liz had suggested we each come up with 65 things to give him, eg. 65 cotton balls because he's going soft. Throughout dinner we would give him our wrapped birthday presents and let him open them. We each had something for him, plus something from each of the other daughters.

Here's Sophie giving him the Hershey's kisses from Matthew and Kalyn (who couldn't be at dinner).

Kelly gave hime marbles because he's losing his.





I took 65 cards from several decks and gave them to him, saying he's got 2 cards but still not playing with a full deck.




Sophie gave him a box with 65 diapers, because he's full of IT.




Here's 65 peanuts, because he's just nutty.





We also had 65 screws because he has a screw loose.


My sister Monica put together 65 memories of him. I think Liz had the best idea (although I don't think she could bring herself to actual do it). She thought about getting 65 pairs of panties because he's old and crotchety. That one makes me laugh everytime!

No comments: