Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve

(I'll get to Christmas, I promise. I decided it would be easier to try to keep current and work on the past as I have time.)

Paul has been super busy at work, including having to work full day on New Year's Eve. (He also didn't get to take his last few days of vacation, but he'll get them next year.) We had decided that since he was also going to have to work New Year's Day that we would just go have an early dinner and then come home and watch movies and play board games. When I said early, I meant "senior citizens" early, you know like at 5pm, in order to avoid having to wait at all. I called to check on Paul at 4pm and he said he was going to be at least another hour. Add in the hour or so it takes for him to drive home, and I said "Forget it!" that would put us at dinner too late. We (or maybe just me) decided to order pizza instead. I'm sure it didn't help that the weather was gray, wet, and yucky all day, or that I've been battling an upper respiratory thing since Saturday. I was disappointed, partly at Paul too, because he didn't seem to care too much that we had no plans for New Years Eve. I want to make sure that we have regular date nights...what hope do I have when those built-in "dates" don't happen.

Anyway, we had our pizza (or toasted sandwiches to be more accurate), then watched the proposal after putting Sophie to bed. I was having a hard time staying awake, so Paul sent me to bed after the movie. He joined me and was snoring before my cough medicine even kicked in. I just happened to wake up at 11:58pm and woke Paul up to wish him Happy New Year!

Paul went into to work today and I worked on laundry. I also took Sophie to get pictures with my mom and stepdad. My sister and her kids come other for dinner of ham and mashed potatoes (I requested the potatoes because I didn't get any at Thanksgiving or Christmas with the Walkers, and my stepdad requested the ham for the same reason). It was a very productive day, I just wish Paul didn't have to work. Of course, had he been home I probably wouldn't have gotten nearly enough done.

No comments: