Friday, December 24, 2010

China Trip Coming Home

I was hoping we sleep on the plane ride from Hong Kong to Detroit, but no such luck. Paul had the window seat and probably slept more than the rest. Logan hardly slept at all, but did stay pretty distracted with the in-seat video screen. We had several meals and snacks on the flight, with all us eating quite a bit (probably just from boredom). Logan's tummy had been bothering him before the flight, but managed to right itself during the flight. They had sat most of the adopted families and kids in the rear of the plane together. I did notice one lone guy who was younger and probably single right in the middle of us. If he was bothered with his seat, he never acted that way...just put in his earbuds and his sunglasses. Once I realized that Logan and I were going to be a little while in the bathroom, I had to poke my head out and try to get Paul's attention. Thankfully, this guy was standing there and got Paul for me. I was so tired by the time we got to Detroit. We had to wait in line at the customs area. This is where we handed over of VISA paperwork and Logan becomes a US citizen. We didn't have much time between flights because of this, which was actually kind of nice. The plane from Detroit to Dallas was small, just 2 seats on each side. Logan and Paul sat together and I shared the row with a nice older lady. Logan fell asleep almost immediately, with Paul not far behind. He'll try to say he didn't sleep, but he was snoring loud enough for the my seatmate to notice and comment. We had to wake Logan up just before we landed. He hates to be woken up like that but we didn't really have a choice. We went ahead and changed into our Star Wars shirts and freshened up a bit. Once we got off the plane, we had to walk a ways to get to the baggage claim. I could see my niece and nephew looking through the window as we came through.









As soon as I saw Sophie, I burst into tears.









I finally realized that everyone was wearing a shirt with Logan's picture on it. Mom had gotten them made for the whole family.









My friend Jill came to the airport to take pictures and she did a great job. Here's Logan and Sophie meeting each other.






Logan meets Grandpa Mike and sees himself on the shirt.















I wish I could remember more about what all was said but it was such a whirlwind. We were all tired and I was so glad to be HOME!










No comments: