Saturday, December 25, 2010

On the First Day of Christmas...

my True Love gave to me...


our newly adopted son Logan waking at 3:15 am. (And eating chocolate from his stocking.)
Our first night back home was obviously hectic and chaotic and amazing. We decided to put Logan in his room with the door ajar so my parents would hear him if he awoke and could come get me. As it turned out I woke up just before 3am and started going through 2 weeks of mail, so I was able to get to Logan when he woke. I tried laying back down with him hoping he would go back to sleep, and we had a very special moment, laying face-to-face with his hand on my cheek. Then he sat up all smiles and I knew for him the day had started. Paul and I decided to go ahead and get him up for a little one-on-two time with Santa presents and playing, before the little sister joined the fun.
We had a nice time with just us three. For more about our Christmas Day check out my other blog.

No comments: