Monday, September 19, 2011

Meal Plan September 19

Check out more ideas at Organizing Junkie.

I was terrible about taking pictures this week again. I guess with work/preschool starting back, I am doing good to stick to the plan.

Monday: Enchilada Casserole
This is my Aunt Doris recipe and I also split it so that I can freeze half. Which is where tonight's dinner came from...the freezer. All I had to do was pull it out the night before and let it thaw in the fridge until ready to cook for dinner.




Tuesday: Baked Chicken, Rice, and Veggies

Once again this was supposed to be Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, but I bought 3 big packages of frozen chicken breasts that were already seasoned with garlic herbs. I didn't think they would taste good for this recipes, but I had already thawed the chicken.




Wednesday: Easy Slow Cooker A1 Swiss Steak

I was able to prep this the night before and let the beef marinate in the sauce overnight. I served this with egg noodles and some of the veggies from last night. It was pretty good.



Thursday: Chicken Alfredo

Tonight's dinner was supposed to be Kung Pau Chicken, but remember I didn't have any plain chicken, so instead I threw this together...chicken Alfredo, salad, and carrots. I was so surprised that both kids ate the salad (Logan had about 3 helpings).



Friday: Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes
I had chosen this recipe, Zesty Ginger-Tomato Chicken, for tonight but decided to use some ground beef instead of going to the store for...you guessed it...plain chicken breasts. This was one of those slow cooker recipes that really wasn't much of a convenience. I had to brown the beef before putting it in the crock pot so I did that the night before. Overall, I didn't really like this. It seemed a little over-cooked. Of course, I really like my mom's sloppy joes (which are way easier to make).




Saturday: Picnic in the Park
We had an event with a local adoption group celebrating the Autumn New Moon Festival, so we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, grapes, oranges, and, of course, moon cakes, for dinner.





Sunday: Burgers and "CORN"

We had another adoption group event today. The served burgers so we ate there then came home and had Cleaned Out the Refrigerator Night.





Here's this week's plan (and yes, I have been to the store and bought plain chicken breasts):


Monday: Zesty Ginger-Tomato Chicken


Tuesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole


Wednesday: Sessler's Salads


Thursday: Kung Pau Chicken


Friday: Crock pot Chipotle Lime Black Bean Soup


Saturday: Seriously Simple Beef Stew


Sunday: Sister's Salmon Patties

No comments: