Monday, September 26, 2011

Meal Plan September 26




Check out more meal plans.

Monday: Zesty Ginger-Tomato Chicken

This recipe came from this book:




I actually liked this and the kids ate most of it without too much fuss.








This doesn't look all that appetizing but it was actually pretty good. Okay, to be honest, it was good once I got it cooked all the way through. I wasn't thinking and just pulled it out of the oven and served it up without checking it. Luckily, Paul caught it before the kids ate any.




Wednesday: Sessler's Salads

(I'll try to remember to get the description the next time.)
I love it when Julie has her salads for sale. This time I also got one for the kids (since they liked the salad I fixed last week), but they didn't like this "fancy" lettuce.






Thursday: Fend For Yourself


I ended up running a bunch of errands and didn't get to fix dinner, so we ate leftovers.



Friday: Kung Pau Chicken


Dinner was supposed to be Crockpot Chipotle Lime Black Bean Soup, but since I had chicken thawed from last night, I switched it up. This recipe came from our cooking class book, but didn't call for the veggies. I added those (and left out the chili's, since Paul wasn't going to be home to eat it anyway). My kids loved the chicken and Logan's all about the rice.






Saturday: Dinner Out

I was going to make Seriously Simple Beef Stew, but then our plans changed so I didn't have to make dinner at all. Score! The kids went to Parents Night Out. Paul went to a wedding (with a sit-down dinner reception) and my sister and I went to The Melting Pot.






Sunday: Sister's Salmon Patties



I love my sister's salmon patties, so I ask her to make them whenever we are together. She made them for lunch before she went home. We had leftovers and sandwiches for dinner. Worked out good since Sophie has had a bug all day and wasn't hungry, and Paul was gone most of the day anyway.


Here's this week's menu:


Monday: Crockpot Chipotle Black Bean Soup


Tuesday: Seriously Simple Beef Stew


Wednesday: Box Dinner


Thursday: Lemon Chicken


Friday: Taco Chili


Saturday: Kung Pao Chicken


Sunday: CORN

No comments: