Sunday, September 4, 2011

Meal Plan Monday September 5

Check out more menus at Organizing Junkie.



This week was very busy with teacher inservice at preschool, parent orientation, and going to visit my sister. I tried to be realistic when making the plan. I am also going to try to double at least one of the meals so that I can use it in later weeks on workdays.







This was on last week's plan, but we ended up going to the in-laws for dinner one night so I bumped it to this week. The recipe called for using a pre-made bag of slaw mix. I had a half head of cabbage from another meal so Paul chopped it up for me. It also called for a store-bought rotisserie chicken but I just baked up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and chopped them up. I was able to have most of the prep done for this Sunday night which was great since Monday was the first "real" day back to work.



I really didn't think this would go over with the kids, but I wasn't too worried. Paul had to work and so the kids and I ate before he got home. When this happens they end up eating again when he comes in. So I figured if they didn't like the salad that was fine they could eat chili leftovers later with Daddy. Logan ate 3 servings and Sophie had two (although she didn't eat the cabbage just the chicken and noodles). I had also given them cottage cheese and applesauce.) Sophie loves cottage cheese, but I don't like to give it in her school lunch because she's so messy. Tonight, I mixed a little applesauce into the cottage cheese for Logan hoping maybe he'd eat some. He actually liked it that way and finished a whole serving.


Tuesday: Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore



Normally I'd save crock pot meals for work days but I figure this week was going to be stressful so the more convenience I can give myself the better. This was one of those meals that still required a little effort before serving. We all liked the dinner.





Wednesday: dinner out



We had parent orientation tonight so I fed the kids a corndog before we went to work (just to tide them over). Paul got us Pei Wei afterwards for dinner.





This recipe came from OAMM Cooking. I doubled the recipe so that we have another meal later in the month. I fixed some broccoli we had in the fridge and also had fresh strawberries that came in the co-op basket today. Logan has started eating broccoli and Sophie tried it but just spit it out. We all liked the chicken.







We had a potluck at preschool today and I had planned to take a frozen meal I had made a couple of weeks ago, but the Asian salad from Monday was so good and I still had some cabbage left so I decided to take it instead. I was able to put this casserole together on Thursday evening so it was really easy. (I forgot to take a picture.)




Saturday and Sunday: out-of-town


We are going to my sister's for Labor Day. She's fixing pulled pork sandwiches so I decided to take sweet potatoes from the co-op to make fries. Her sandwiches were really good. My fries weren't crispy enough for me, I'll have to try a different recipe next time.




Next week's plan:



Monday: Peppery Chicken



Tuesday: Easy Mexican Meatloaves



Wednesday: Sessler's Homemade Gourmet Salad




Thursday: Shrimp Carbonara



Friday: Leftovers (unless I get my act together and put something better together)



Saturday: Paul's Choice/Pizza Delivery (I'm gone all day.)



Sunday: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole




No comments: